Thursday, September 1, 2011

whats going on with me

NEVER GIVE UP....


I began my journey.... my new career and I can only say a year later things are just beginning to take flight off the ground.... I can remember after I graduated from Cosmetology school, I would sit at home twirling my thumbs together thinking what is next ....I made cold calls visited salon after salon when I realized I don't like being tied down to a salon I made a decision to branch out on my own ...oh what a scary thing this was for me ... I was nervous afraid of failure, like a true emotion one would have not knowing what is on the other side... so I started investing in my dream ...taking time out to enhance my craft ...which I will never stop learning, but things seem to go extremely  slow I had went to pointless interview or what I like to call "go see".... I went and I saw that I valued my work some more than others... I have a gift and I had soon learn its worth and at the same time I begin to see my personal worth...& when you know your worth in life you will not settle for anything... so believe it or not I had turned down some projects (was I crazy) maybe so but I begin to trust the God In me...my pockets bare I mean empty... I stepped out of fear and jumped into unfamiliar places...places I never thought in my life time I would see... 


Makeup 
I can recall a year ago I applied for makeup Artist at Scarowinds, now understand this is no ordinary J.O.B. As a makeup artist at Scarowinds you get 2weeks of the most serious training with the best in the field, the makeup artist come out and teach you things you would never learn in a classroom setting, that experience alone is worth more then words..., I wanted to be apart of this team so bad but I did not get the gig, nope not that year.... do you think I gave up?? Nope a year later I applied again, now I am on the team License makeup artist for Scarowinds...to have an abundance of fun while working is priceless, not only am I working for the theme park but I still have my own company which has begun to over flow...so the things that should have happened in the summer are now manifesting this fall & I am not complaining one single bit...photo shoots, and other events just an overflow for one lady... 


I enjoy what I do 
Not only that it gets better, I am now singing with The Promise, an gospel singing group practice for this next week ... I start rehearsals for a film, as a psychologist that's gonna be tons fun then... I have practice for the play I am which has already been a ball... I have meet so many great people, I am not sure what my role is but I find out on the weekend,  many other plans in the working... I am just on fire about life... My life ... its great to do what you love and get paid for doing what you love and what you are good at....


Add caption
 Last thing I've started writing again I have been thinking about posting a few of my writings on my blog... I guess I will, I just realize I haven't b/c I am scar about what people will say but I am growing and learning to rid myself  of what others believe and think of me ...it feels so great to be liberated!!!  My success is not measured by what I possess   ...my true treasures I have hid in my heart ....



A year later I have my feet to the ground holding my head up high not looking back, I've grown through my trails and errors but through it all I have peace of mind knowing the sky is the limit...I hope you all are seeking your dream and living it !!!
Leave your comments thoughts and follow me on twitter !!!or find me on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment